Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.

– Steve Jobs' last words before he died. Was he seeing lots of Apples at the end of the tunnel? We'll never know, but Jobs once called death 'the single best invention of life'. Here's some other famous last words:

Get those fucking nuns away from me.
– Norman Douglas

Is somebody hurt?
– Robert F Kennedy

Drink to me!
– Pablo Picasso

The Sun is God.
– JWM Turner

I have not told half of what I saw.
– Marco Polo

It's very beautiful over there.
– Thomas Edison

Either those curtains go or I go.
– Oscar Wilde

I'm tired of fighting.
– Harry Houdini

Why not? Yeah.
– Timothy Leary

I'm bored with it all.
– Winston Churchill

Nothing, but death.
– Jane Austen

Does nobody understand?
– James Joyce

Et tu, Brute?
– Julius Ceasar

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
– Humprey Bogart

Nothing eases suffering like human touch.
– Bobby Fischer

I must go in, the fog is rising.
– Emily Dickinson. Well, it had to be a poet, didn't it?

Previously on Barnflakes:
Notable suicide notes

No comments :