Thursday, December 10, 2009

Star Wars Lego

I'm always the first to berate people for their old-fashioned, nostalgic, harking-back-to-childhood-bad-tastes, be it 'Allo 'Allo, Pizza Hut, Enya or Ghostbusters. So people, naturally enough, are wondering: why am I building up a sizable collection of Star Wars Lego. I have to admit, I have no defence. I love it. As a child I loved Star Wars and Lego. Period. It wasn't until I was an adult that they teamed up. Star Wars Lego is a combination of absolute genius. Like Gin and tonic. Baked beans and toast. Bacon and eggs. Cigarettes and alcohol. I couldn't resist. They're just so cute. Hopefully one day they'll be worth something too. My daughter's finally getting into Star Wars. I've just got her say, "They're coming in too fast! Pow! Pow!"

1 comment :

Melanie May said...

You're ruining that child.