Saturday, February 01, 2020

Top ten Studio Ghibli films

I have a confession to make – I’ve only watched ten (of 22), so here they are, in order. Luckily, Netflix are releasing all of Studio Ghibli’s films (with the exception of Grave of the Fireflies) in batches of seven over the next three months. The first batch has just been released. This is literally the best thing to happen in the world this decade. Though I've criticised Netflix in the past, I can only thank them for releasing The Other Side of the Wind, Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story, a new(ish) David Lynch black and white short film, What Did Jack Do?,  as well as the excellent Uncut Gems and now the Studio Ghibli output.

10. Porco Rosso (1992)
9. Arrietty
(2010)
8. Grave of the Fireflies
(1988)
7. Howl’s Moving Castle
(2004)
6. Kiki’s Delivery Service
(1989)
5. Laputa: Castle in the Sky
(1986)
4. Ponyo
(2008)
3. My Neighbour Totoro
(1988)
2. Spirited Away
(2001)
1. Princess Mononoke
(1997)

No comments :