Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, Barnflakes!

If you look at the Blog Archive at the top of this page and go down to my very first post, you may notice it was posted on Monday, August 14th, 2006. Today is Sunday, August 14th, 2011, making this blog exactly five years old. As can also be seen, it took me a while to get going with the whole blogging business; a couple of years, in fact, before I started writing them regularly. But that first post, consisting of

Hello
Is anyone out there?

has not only proved to be one of my most popular posts, with three (albeit accidental) comments, but it also asked the eternal, unanswered question unpopular bloggers the world over ask themselves: well, is anyone out there? Judging by the amount of comments I get, I'd have to say a definite no. However, Google Analytics informs me I get over 1,000 hits a month, who spend an average of six minutes reading the blog. Maybe they're just all shy. So I keep going, unsure why, and tell myself I'll stop writing it soon. Who am I writing it for? Myself? My ex? My daughter? You? Everyone? I'm not sure. I'm just writing it. Thanks for reading. I know you're out there. Somewhere.

4 comments :

Mel said...

Happy birthday blog! It's been a good 5 years. In the main.

Barnaby said...

Thanks.

Matt said...

Happy birthday Barnflakes. May all your birthday wishes come true.

Barnaby said...

See? I just knew there were more of you out there. Thanks, Matt, my wishes have already come true.